This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] add comment to sparseset.h about uninitialized data
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, janis187 at us dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 16:07:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] add comment to sparseset.h about uninitialized data
- References: <1193785776.9717.20.camel@janis-laptop> <1193791703.7128.151.camel@otta> <1193793727.7128.164.camel@otta> <472883D2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Note that even though I wrote sparseset.[hc] and the only use of
>> it is within the register allocator, I'm not sure whether I can
>> approve either patch...although, I guess the comment patch can
>> be considered obvious.
> I would prefer to add a valgrind annotation, though that would work only
> if --enable-checking=valgrind is active.
I'm not keen on adding code that we don't need for correctness just to
keep valgrind happy. If we can get by with a comment or annotation that
seems like a better choice.
(650) 331-3385 x713