This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] gc fixes
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:48:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: [lto] gc fixes
- References: <20071030192515.GA31567@codesourcery.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Nathan" == Nathan Froyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Nathan> The patch below solves one of the major remaining problems:
Nathan> lto1 dies on the first GC. The fix is to tell GTY that LTO
Nathan> language nodes chain with GENERIC_NEXT rather than TREE_CHAIN.
I'm curious to know how the collection failed here, and how this fix
AIUI, chain_next is just an optimization, though there is a problem
where the GC fails if chain_next forms a circular data structure. Did
you run into this?