This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize initialization from compound literals (PR tree-optimization/33723)
- From: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: "Jakub Jelinek" <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:53:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize initialization from compound literals (PR tree-optimization/33723)
- References: <20071029213153.GJ5451@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
On 10/29/07, Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The following patch optimizes this by initializing the variable to
> the initializer of the compound literal if it's address has never been
> taken. The generated assembly looks much better on x86_64-linux.
This is also very useful with vector types as most people use compoind
literals to initialize vectors.