This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: DSE replace_read revisited
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:49:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: RFA: DSE replace_read revisited
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <472599AB.email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> The TCP increase is 3 instructions rather than 1 because of a missed
>> SIGN_EXTEND optimisation in simplify-rtx.c. I have a separate patch
>> for that, but I'm not convinced it's stage 3 material.
> It might be worth submitting anyway, since it is in some sense a regression.
Yeah, I suppose it is. You might have seen it by now, but I ended up
posting it for comments:
Do you think it's OK, and safe enough under the circumstances?