This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: DSE replace_read revisited
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:28:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA: DSE replace_read revisited
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The TCP increase is 3 instructions rather than 1 because of a missed
SIGN_EXTEND optimisation in simplify-rtx.c. I have a separate patch
for that, but I'm not convinced it's stage 3 material.
It might be worth submitting anyway, since it is in some sense a regression.