This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: DSE replace_read revisited
- From: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:53:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: DSE replace_read revisited
- References: <email@example.com>
On 10/28/07, Richard Sandiford <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> (4) The code requires the store and read to have the same mode class:
> if (GET_MODE_CLASS (read_mode) != GET_MODE_CLASS (store_mode))
> return false;
> This seems unnecessarily restrictive. I guess it was meant to
> be a simplifying assumption, but as per (1) and (2) above,
> it isn't really.
Does this part fix PR 33927 where we have V4SI and V4SF?