This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] ada: Suppress warning on possibly unused out parameters in uintp.adb
- From: Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149 dot net>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:42:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ada: Suppress warning on possibly unused out parameters in uintp.adb
- References: <20071027134018.19D93C405C@mail2.rfc1149.net>
Some more explanations after a mail exchange with Arnaud Charlet: the
UI_Div_Rem procedure computes either the division, the rest or both of
them of two universal integers. When only one of the results will be
used (as determined by the caller), the other one is not stored in the
"out" mode parameter.
The current GNAT in SVN/trunk gives a warning saying that those "out"
mode parameters may not be set. Those two pragmas suppress the
Tested on x86.
Samuel Tardieu -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- http://www.rfc1149.net/