This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.2 only] RFA: PR 33848: reload rematerialisation of labels
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:13:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [4.2 only] RFA: PR 33848: reload rematerialisation of labels
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> writes:
>> And since JUMP_LABEL should now always be valid before reload, I think we
>> should only add a REG_LABEL note when the label is the same as the current
>> JUMP_LABEL. Calling rebuild_jump_labels immediately after reload
>> would then be a no-op for this particular insn, just as it should be.
> Can't we nevertheless imagine a JUMP_P insn reaching here without JUMP_LABEL?
Well, we build jump labels immediately after expanding, and try to keep
them up-to-date when changing jumps later. Not keeping them up-to-date
would be a bug.