This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran, committed] Add LANG=C to libgfortran/mk-kinds-h.sh
- From: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>, gcc-patches list <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org List" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:37:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran, committed] Add LANG=C to libgfortran/mk-kinds-h.sh
- References: <472239EC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <81005412-7A60-49BD-A2EA-86733B1B5563@gmail.com>
huge=`$compile -c -fdump-parse-tree tmq$$.f90 | grep TRANSFER \
| sed 's/ *TRANSFER *// ; s/_.*//'`
only works if TRANSFER is not translated in the dump.
If TRANSFER is translated, it's a bug a) in the gfortran POT file,
probably by an overzealous, and b) in the front-end, which
shouldn't mark this string for localization. Can you look into it?
I should have added, though, that I'm fine with the patch to mk-kinds-
h.sh (except the portability question). For my defence, I had checked
that MPFR output strings with a point as decimal marker, and not a
comma, whatever the locale is.