This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GDB/libiberty support for IBM long double
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:53:10 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: GDB/libiberty support for IBM long double
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:13:20 +0000 (UTC)
> From: "Joseph S. Myers" <email@example.com>
> [gcc-patches included because of the libiberty patch; note this part
> of libiberty isn't used by GCC. If approved I'll commit just the
> libiberty and include parts to GCC then the whole patch to src.]
> This patch adds 128-bit IBM long double support for Power GNU/Linux to
> GDB. It's based on a tree with Daniel's ABI detection patch
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-10/msg00672.html> applied.
> The approach taken by this patch is described in my message
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-08/msg00557.html>. The IBM
> long double format is the same format as used on IRIX so the
> mips-tdep.c kludge to use just the high part of a long double there is
> replaced by a use of floatformats_ibm_long_double.
Hmm, can't we have a somewhat better (more general) name than
floatformats_ibm_long_double (especially since it is no exclusively
used for IBM hardware).