This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] IPA pure const analysis shortcut
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149 dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 24 Oct 2007 10:13:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] IPA pure const analysis shortcut
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Samuel Tardieu <email@example.com> writes:
> [resubmit in proper format, thanks to David Edelsohn for the note]
> When local->pure_const_state in ipa-pure-const.c/check_decl has been set to
> IPA_NEITHER, it cannot be modified in the rest of the function, so it is
> possible to return immediately. This should bring a tiny performance
> improvement while not impairing the code readability.
> 2007-10-24 Samuel Tardieu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * ipa-pure-const.c: Return immediately when pure_const_state
> has been set to IPA_NEITHER.
The ChangeLog entry should read
* ipa-pure-const.c (check_decl): Return immediately when
pure_const_state has been set to IPA_NEITHER.
(adds function name, changes indentation on second line).
This is OK if it has been bootstrapped and tested on a primary