This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch] Fix a bug in Dwarf format for fixed-point types
- From: "Fu, Chao-Ying" <fu at mips dot com>
- To: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "Mohamed Shafi" <shafitvm at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:28:54 -0700
- Subject: [patch] Fix a bug in Dwarf format for fixed-point types
This patch fixed a bug that has reversed encodings.
Is it ok to apply the patch to the GCC mainline?
2007-10-23 Chao-ying Fu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* dwarf2out.c (base_type_die): Use DW_ATE_unsigned_fixed or
DW_ATE_signed_fixed to describe FIXED_POINT_TYPE.
--- dwarf2out.c (revision 129583)
+++ dwarf2out.c (working copy)
@@ -8434,9 +8434,9 @@
if (TYPE_UNSIGNED (type))
+ encoding = DW_ATE_unsigned_fixed;
encoding = DW_ATE_signed_fixed;
- encoding = DW_ATE_unsigned_fixed;
/* Dwarf2 doesn't know anything about complex ints, so use