This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR33749 - Wrong evaluation of expressions in lhs of assignment statements
- From: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>, "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:05:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR33749 - Wrong evaluation of expressions in lhs of assignment statements
- References: <email@example.com> <471B489A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tobias Burnus wrote:
Paul Richard Thomas wrote:Yes, I was aware of this problem but did not think that the effort of
checking for the dependency between the lvalue 'p' and its vector
subscript. I will look for an economical way of accomplishing this.
Bootstraps and regtests on x86_ia64 - OK for trunk?OK.
Note: For the following, gfortran generates an unneeded temporary
variable; before it depended whether q was an integer 4 or 8 variable
and thus it is not really a newly missed optimization.
integer(4) :: p(4) = (/2,4,1,3/)
integer(8) :: q(4) = (/2,4,1,3/)
p(q) = (/(i, i = 1, 4)/)
Filled as PR 33850.