This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH,vect] ppc cost model options
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Jagasia, Harsha" <harsha dot jagasia at amd dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:10:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,vect] ppc cost model options
- References: <OF34E5ADC5.418F93D5-ON88257379.007B6287-88257379.007EABF2@il.ibm.com>
- Reply-to: janis187 at us dot ibm dot com
On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 15:03 -0800, Dorit Nuzman wrote:
> David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote on 19/10/2007 14:43:01:
> > I would like to change the compile-only option to -mcpu=970, which
> > is supported by AIX. Is there a reason to prefer 7400 instead of 970?
> 970 sounds ok to me. I don't know why it's currently set to 7400 - I think
> I just copied-and-pasted this code from vect.exp in gcc.dg/vect/. Maybe
> Janis remembers why it was set to 7400.
No, I don't remember.