This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR31217 - ICE using FORALL on character substrings
- From: "Paul Richard Thomas" <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- To: "Tobias Burnus" <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gcc-patches List" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:33:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR31217 - ICE using FORALL on character substrings
- References: <email@example.com> <4717864F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Valgrind shows (using Rev. 129442 and no other patches applied):
> ==14821== Invalid read of size 4
> ==14821== at 0x459520: find_forall_index (resolve.c:4339)
Ah yes.... I had seen that on my x86_ia64 and I forgot all about it.
I even found a fix for it:) If you look at the substring part of
find_forall_index, you will find that it is completely screwed up.
> PS: Do you also plan to submit
> It seems to fix all the problem reported in PR31608, which don't have
> PRs of their own; that patch regtested successfully.
I just finished the testcase this morning. I was intending to submit
over night. I also have a fix for 33749, which is in a similarly
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
--Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy