This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix DCE REG_LIBCALL note moving from noop move insns (PR rtl-optimization/33644)
- From: "Daniel Berlin" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: "Eric Botcazou" <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: "Steven Bosscher" <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Kenneth dot Zadeck at naturalbridge dot com, "Jakub Jelinek" <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:40:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix DCE REG_LIBCALL note moving from noop move insns (PR rtl-optimization/33644)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> These REG_LIBCALL_ID notes would need to be actively maintained throughout the
> entire RTL middle-end and I don't see any practical advantages over what we
> currently have. And of course someone needs to do the implementation.
If you don't see the practical advantage of being able to determine
whether an insn is part of a libcall without having to walk the entire
function to figure out whether you are allowed to touch an insn,
please just remove it.
God forbid we ever start somewhere and work towards a goal.
I'm completely done working on our backend or trying to improve it in any way.
I'm removing my name from the dataflow maintainer list.