This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add some checking for cfgexpand and partitioning
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Andrew_Pinski at playstation dot sony dot com" <Andrew_Pinski at playstation dot sony dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:08:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add some checking for cfgexpand and partitioning
- References: <OF39EC66DA.5413C960-ON88257377.00707341-88257377.00715DA5@playstation.sony.com>
On 10/17/07, Andrew_Pinski@playstation.sony.com
> Currently we have no checking for partitioning of stack variables. So
> currently we could end up with the case where the offset inside a parition
> is greater than the size of the partition itself. This patch adds this
> check. We ran into a bug (when modifing the paritioning code) where we
> would have this case, it seems better to add a check for it so it does not
> happen when we submit this enhancement.
> OK? Bootstrapped and tested on powerpc64-linux-gnu with no regressions.
> * cfgexpand.c (expand_stack_vars): Add checking to make sure
> that the offset of a variable is not greater than the size
> of the paritition.