This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Prevent double execution of MIPS call stubs
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:06:23 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: RFA: Prevent double execution of MIPS call stubs
- References: <20071017131645.GA6757@caradoc.them.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> This isn't a full fix though: const functions don't clobber memory,
> so loads of their address can still be hoisted. E.g. for:
Just a thought from a GCC non-expert -- can't the address of the function
itself be marked as clobbered with a call somehow?