This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Fix a few pessimizations in tree-ssa-structalias
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Daniel Berlin" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:12:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Fix a few pessimizations in tree-ssa-structalias
- References: <email@example.com>
On 10/17/07, Daniel Berlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> None of these affect the correctness of results, only how fast we get
> them (they were causing us to not unify as many variables as we
> should, or to do more work than we should to get the same answers).
Do these apply to 4.2 as well or is the code there too different?
> 2007-10-17 Daniel Berlin <email@example.com>
> * tree-ssa-structalias.c (rewrite_constraints): Don't test for
> directness anymore.
> (perform_var_substitution): Only DFS from real nodes. Don't test
> for directness.
> (unite_pointer_equivalences): Fix broken test.
> Bootstrapped and regtested on i686-pc-darwin
> Committed to mainline