This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: RFC: gcc-4.3/changes.html for MIPS
- From: "Fu, Chao-Ying" <fu at mips dot com>
- To: <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, "Richard Sandiford" <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Stephens, Nigel" <nigel at mips dot com>, "Uhler, Mike" <uhler at mips dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:41:41 -0700
- Subject: RE: RFC: gcc-4.3/changes.html for MIPS
Richard Sandiford wrote:
> "Fu, Chao-Ying" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Could we add fixed-point supports for MIPS targets to this page?
> Ah yeah, I forgot to say: I'd deliberately left fixed-point support
> off the list because I thought we'd want it in the C section instead.
> I realise the infrastructure has only been ported to MIPS so far, but
> seeing as it's an implementation of a cross-target standard, I thought
> it was much more general than anything else on the MIPS-specific list.
> (The only vaguely comparable item might be the target-independent
> changes for the "nomips16" and "mips16" support. However, unlike the
> fixed-point support, the user-visible manifestation of those changes
> is very target-specific.)
> It's Gerald's call though. If the consensus is that it should go
> in the MIPS section, your patch is fine by me.
Do you think we should put the fixed-point support to the C section or
the MIPS section?