This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix optimization regression in constant folder
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Ian Lance Taylor" <iant at google dot com>, "Richard Kenner" <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com, matz at suse dot de
- Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:11:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix optimization regression in constant folder
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I don't want to have TYPE_IGNORE_OVERFLOWS. Matters are complicated
> enough already.
Strange argument, all the more so than this subsumes an already existing flag.
So we're ready to invent CHANGE_DYNAMIC_TYPE_EXPR for some quirks of C++ and
balk at encapsulating an existing flag into a new macro?
> I also like you to revisit the decision to make Ada sizetype signed.
Well, we can have negative values for such types in Ada.
> If there are optimization regressions for expressions created by
> stor-layout.c solve them there, as that is the place where enough knowledge
> about the involved magnitudes is available.
So we duplicate fold-const.c in stor-layout.c?