This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix optimization regression in constant folder
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com, matz at suse dot de, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com
- Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:25:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix optimization regression in constant folder
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <10710120240.AA03734@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <email@example.com>
> The flags aren't fixed in stone. In fact, I just introduced them
> earlier this year. So all this tells me is that we need to change the
> flags. I already proposed such a change
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-10/msg00053.html). Nobody has
> yet explained why my proposal wouldn't work.
From my point of view, your proposal (TYPE_IGNORE_OVERFLOWS +
TYPE_OVERFLOW_WRAPS) is OK.