This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SRA bit-field optimization
- From: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, zippel at linux-m68k dot org, bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de, dnovillo at acm dot org, dberlin at dberlin dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, pinskia at gmail dot com, ebotcazou at adacore dot com, rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk
- Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:12:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: SRA bit-field optimization
- References: <200710062105.l96L5d05013819@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca>
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2007, Richard Sandiford <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Ah, thanks. I did have a quick look at it, and it seemed to be caused
> > by a missing conversion at the tree level. Expand was being given
> > a BIT_AND_EXPR with a DImode-typed result and HImode-typed operand.
> > I didn't try to track down where it was coming from. So it does seem
> > to be a tree-level bug after all.
> Yep, fixed in the revised patch below.
The 991118-1.c and longlong.c fails are still present on hppa-unknown-linux-gnu
with the revised patch.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)