This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: gcc-4.3/changes.html for MIPS
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>
- To: "Fu\, Chao-Ying" <fu at mips dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Stephens\, Nigel" <nigel at mips dot com>, "Uhler\, Mike" <uhler at mips dot com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:08:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: gcc-4.3/changes.html for MIPS
- References: <3CB54817FDF733459B230DD27C690CEC03EE8F5B@Exchange.mips.com>
"Fu, Chao-Ying" <email@example.com> writes:
> Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> > As promised a while ago, I've gone through the 4.3 MIPS changes and
>> > tried to write them up in changes.html. Does the patch
>> below look OK?
>> Now applied. Let me know if you find something wrong.
> Could we add fixed-point supports for MIPS targets to this page?
Ah yeah, I forgot to say: I'd deliberately left fixed-point support
off the list because I thought we'd want it in the C section instead.
I realise the infrastructure has only been ported to MIPS so far, but
seeing as it's an implementation of a cross-target standard, I thought
it was much more general than anything else on the MIPS-specific list.
(The only vaguely comparable item might be the target-independent
changes for the "nomips16" and "mips16" support. However, unlike the
fixed-point support, the user-visible manifestation of those changes
is very target-specific.)
It's Gerald's call though. If the consensus is that it should go
in the MIPS section, your patch is fine by me.