This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran, fix PR 25097] Additional constraints on FORALL headers
- From: Tobias Schlüter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:01:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [gfortran, fix PR 25097] Additional constraints on FORALL headers
- References: <4705458B.email@example.com>
Tobias Schlüter wrote:
we hadn't yet implemented the following constraint on FORALL headers:
"A subscript or stride in a forall-triplet-spec shall not contain a
reference to any index-name in the forall-triplet-spec-list in which it
appears." This patch fixes this, using the pre-existing
gfc_find_forall_index for the purpose. This meant moving it to the
front of the file, and calling it in a trivial fashion (which is
wasteful, but I can't imagine this ever becoming a performance
bottleneck). I promise to remove the "gfc_" prefix, I only realized its
presence after I had cut the diff.
Please don't waste your time on this patch yet: while removing the gfc_*
prefix, I found that there already exists code which claims to address
the same issue. I'll see what it does, and why it doesn't do as
advertized and report back.