This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] PR 33653: don't optimize volatile mem accesses
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:29:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] PR 33653: don't optimize volatile mem accesses
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> dce.c and dse.c use the wrong predicates to check if an insn is
> undeletable because of volatile accesses. They use volatile_insn_p(),
> whereas they should use volatile_refs_p() (like the old flow code did).
> I've started testing. Okay for trunk?
Obvious I'd think, but nevertheless OK. :-)
> Is it possible in our testsuite to check that RTL doesn't optimize away
> the volatile read?
By testing that we have a non-null frame at -O or above?