This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: RFC: gcc-4.3/changes.html for MIPS
- From: "Fu, Chao-Ying" <fu at mips dot com>
- To: "Richard Sandiford" <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "Stephens, Nigel" <nigel at mips dot com>, "Uhler, Mike" <uhler at mips dot com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:45:22 -0700
- Subject: RE: RFC: gcc-4.3/changes.html for MIPS
Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > As promised a while ago, I've gone through the 4.3 MIPS changes and
> > tried to write them up in changes.html. Does the patch
> below look OK?
> Now applied. Let me know if you find something wrong.
Could we add fixed-point supports for MIPS targets to this page?
Thanks a lot!
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/gcc-4.3/changes.html,v
retrieving revision 1.79
diff -u -p -r1.79 changes.html
--- changes.html 2 Oct 2007 16:02:28 -0000 1.79
+++ changes.html 3 Oct 2007 21:41:10 -0000
@@ -673,6 +673,13 @@
else with the options at present.</li>
+ <h4>Fixed-point arithmetic supports</h4>
+ <li>GCC now supports fixed-point data types and operators for MIPS
+ targets. This extension is based on Chapter 4 of the Embedded-C
+ specification (n1169.pdf).</li>
<h3>SPU (Synergistic Processor Unit) of the Cell Broadband Engine