This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Loop distribution for single nested loops
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: Sebastian Pop <sebpop at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:32:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Loop distribution for single nested loops
- References: <A9459F5F-CF54-451B-965F-E2657FBEC1E2@google.com>
> Once that's done, I would enable it at -O3 by default.
actually, unless it enables some other optimizations,
loop distribution makes the code worse, by introducing
an overhead of having several loops. So, I do not think
it is a good idea to enable it by default at any optimization
level, until it is driven by requirements from other optimization
passes (which I think autovectorizer folks and Sebastian plan
to work on).