This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [vtab (and trunk?)] fix fallout from SSA-coalescing user variables
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Alexandre Oliva" <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:19:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: [vtab (and trunk?)] fix fallout from SSA-coalescing user variables
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/1/07, Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> wrote:
> After installing the patch that enables SSA coalescing of all
> variables, I've experienced some compilation errors in Ada, having to
> do with EH tables.
> As it turns out, the compiler was not ready for such coalescing of
> gimple registers. It created situations in which, because of the
> abnormal setjmp/longjmp edges used for EH in the (stage1?) Ada
> compiler, we'd get variables that were gimple registers and that had
> multiple live versions simultaneously renamed at the time of
> inlining. This should never happen.
> This patch arranges for us to note the correct variable version to use
> at the new edges for such gimple registers, instead of incorrectly
> relying on renaming to do that.
I think you need to update the comment before update_ssa_across_abnormal_edges.
Can you take care of bootstrapping/testing this, check if it fixes
PR33572 and add