This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] AM_MAKEFLAGS, AM_RUNTESTFLAGS removal
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: Johannes Singler <singler at ira dot uka dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:23:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: [v3] AM_MAKEFLAGS, AM_RUNTESTFLAGS removal
- References: <email@example.com> <46FE34A7.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070929151244.GA14231@caradoc.them.org>
> > The patch is fine, but it does not help (i. e. speed up things on a
> > multiprocessor machine). This is because there is basically one
> > large call to runtest, which then runs on one processor. And I have
> > not found any way to convince runtest to run its test cases in
> > parallel. So DejaGNU might have to be extended to support that?!
> This is why there was, once upon a time, support for running the
> testsuite with QMTest - it would be happy to parallelize tests for
This is now bug 33612.
FWIW, I do not plan to work on this, although skilled dejagnu hackers
who want to mess around with this are encouraged to make a stab at