This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix optimization regression in constant folder
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, iant at google dot com, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:09:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix optimization regression in constant folder
- References: <email@example.com> <10710010257.AA21585@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Be more specific. Much more. What pathological cases, what optimizations
> do we suppress currently, which of those are allowed in your system. What
> properties of the type guarantee this.
See the very first message in this thread. This optimization is now
suppressed if !TYPE_OVERFLOW_WRAPS (or TYPE_OVERFLOW_UNDEFINED as Ian
proposed), but we want to retain it for sizetypes.