This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: PR testsuite/32932: ssp tests can't find libssp
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, echristo at apple dot com
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:43:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR testsuite/32932: ssp tests can't find libssp
- References: <20070730230359.GA13062@lucon.org>
- Reply-to: janis187 at us dot ibm dot com
On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 16:03 -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> This patch makes sure that the newly built libssp is used for
> test. Tested on Linux/x86-64.
The patch doesn't handle multilibs; apparently you didn't test
with both -m32 and -m64.
These tests really ought to be in libssp/testsuite, which doesn't
yet exist, and look for libraries in the same way as other library
testsuites. I've copied Eric Christopher, who added these tests,
to get his opinion about that.
Setting gcc_initialized doesn't belong in this patch, and should
be tested by running the full testsuite with multiple runs, e.g.
-m32 and -m64, to make sure there are no surprises.