This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH PING: Make canonical type failures ICE
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: "Doug Gregor" <doug dot gregor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 26 Jul 2007 15:55:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: PATCH PING: Make canonical type failures ICE
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Doug Gregor" <email@example.com> writes:
| This simple patch turned canonical type failures into ICEs, so we can
| weed out the remaining problems with the canonical type system:
| Okay for mainline?
Unlike the description you gave above, the patch really is not
strictly about turning the warning into an ICE -- a long standanding
request with multiple bugzilla entries.
The part of the patch that turns the warning into an ICE is approved.
You might want either:
(1) to split the patch so that each addresses on point
(2) or to have someone look at the non-"ICE" part of your patch.