This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New patch for PR tree-optimization/32087, ICE on -fprefetch-loop-arrays
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:26:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: New patch for PR tree-optimization/32087, ICE on -fprefetch-loop-arrays
- References: <200707251727.KAA14481@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On 7/25/07, Steve Ellcey <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I submitted an earlier patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-06/msg00357.html) for this PR
that checked for a zero inside scale_bbs_frequencies_int. This patch
checks for zero before calling scale_bbs_frequencies_int (in
Functions like remove_empty_loop and scale_dominated_blocks_in_loop
already have checks in them to make sure scale_bbs_frequencies_int is
not called in cases where a division by zero might happen so it seems
reasonable to check it here too.
Tested on IA64 HP-UX and Linux.
OK for checkin?
This is ok.
2007-06-06 Steve Ellcey <email@example.com>
* tree-ssa-loop-manip.c (tree_transform_and_unroll_loop):
Do not call scale_bbs_frequencies_int with prob of zero.