This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, wwwdocs] onlinedocs: Update link names for "GNU Fortran"
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:24:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch, wwwdocs] onlinedocs: Update link names for "GNU Fortran"
- References: <46A62E7D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tobias Burnus wrote:
the Fortran compiler is now called "GNU Fortran Compiler" it used to be
called "GNU Fortran 95 Compiler", but the "95" has been dropped since
I would argue the other way around. Although GFortran *currently* is
mostly a Fortran 95 compiler, that isn't it's ultimate frontier. To me
that frontier is to track recent Fortran Standardisation efforts (if at
all possible) and hence refrain from putting a year designation into the
name of our efforts.
Toon Moene - e-mail: email@example.com - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
At home: http://moene.indiv.nluug.nl/~toon/
Who's working on GNU Fortran: