This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: RFA: Enable DFP/BID on i?86-pc-mingw32 target
- From: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- To: 'Ben Elliston' <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: 'GCC-patches' <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:27:05 +1200
- Subject: RE: RFA: Enable DFP/BID on i?86-pc-mingw32 target
Sunday, 22 July 2007 6:01 a.m.
> On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 21:28 +1200, Danny Smith wrote:
> > Is this OK for mainline?
> This patch doesn't really cover my maintenance area (it's just
> configury), but I wanted to throw a point in: I assume that MinGW
> conforms to the MS ABI? If so, you're making an ABI extension here
> because of the way that the x86 backend passes decimal float
> Do you intend to just make that an undocumented extension for the time
> being? What if you wish to later conform to the MS ABI? You'll break
> your current ABI.
You got me. I need to do more research.
Thanks for the comments.
> Cheers, Ben