This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Enable DFP/BID on i?86-pc-mingw32 target
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- To: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- Cc: GCC-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:00:36 +1000
- Subject: Re: RFA: Enable DFP/BID on i?86-pc-mingw32 target
- References: <000001c7cb79$8e6b0c50$184861cb@THOMAS>
On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 21:28 +1200, Danny Smith wrote:
> Is this OK for mainline?
This patch doesn't really cover my maintenance area (it's just
configury), but I wanted to throw a point in: I assume that MinGW
conforms to the MS ABI? If so, you're making an ABI extension here
because of the way that the x86 backend passes decimal float parameters,
Do you intend to just make that an undocumented extension for the time
being? What if you wish to later conform to the MS ABI? You'll break
your current ABI.