This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 32729
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Zdenek Dvorak" <rakdver at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:26:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 32729
- References: <20070712073517.GA23979@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On 7/12/07, Zdenek Dvorak <email@example.com> wrote:
can_duplicate_block_p prevents us from duplicating a basic block if it has a fallthru edge
going to the exit block (which in the testcase for this PR prevents a loop from being unrolled).
However, there does not seem to be a reason for this restriction; even if there is a problem
with several fallthru edges to exit, cfg_layout_finalize should fix it.
Bootstrapped & regtested on i686.
This is ok.
* cfghooks.c (can_duplicate_block_p): Do not forbid duplicating blocks
that fallthru to exit.