This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++0x PATCH] Implement C++0x decltype
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: "Doug Gregor" <doug dot gregor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 11 Jul 2007 08:54:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: [C++0x PATCH] Implement C++0x decltype
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Doug Gregor" <email@example.com> writes:
| The attached patch implements support for decltype under the
| experimental C++0x mode. decltype is the typeof that you've always
| wanted, especially if you're a library developer. You can read more
| about it here:
| Pedants will note that decltype isn't yet in the C++0x working paper.
| However, it's semantics are stable, and it will be voted into C++0x
| next week (or I'll eat my hat...).
| This patch is a cleaned-up and improved version of my previous patch
| for decltype. Tested powerpc-apple-darwin8.10.0; no regressions.
| Okay for mainline?
We should follow the policy we all agreed on and get this in only
after it is voted into the Working Draft.
(Yes, I know you're just helping :-)