This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, fortran] fixes for functions
- From: "Tobias Burnus" <burnus at ph2 dot uni-koeln dot de>
- To: <franke dot daniel at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:28:23 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [patch, fortran] fixes for functions
> 2007-07-09 Daniel Franke <email@example.com>
> * decl.c (gfc_match_suffix): Removed surplus general error that hides
> a more specific message.
> * resolve.c (resolve_fl_variable): Reject illegal initializiers only
> if not already done.
> (resolve_fl_procedure): Added check for initializers of functions.
> Regression tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?
This patch fails for me when used with statement functions:
Z2(x) = x*(Alft-x)/Vg - x*(x-Alfb)/Vf
Error: Function 'z2' at (1) cannot have an inital value
Actually, I also get tons of errors from the test suite for the same reason.
Additionally, I think this patch solves part of PR31639 (the later
examples, not the initially reported problem); I think one should cite the
PR number in the changelog.