This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch,rfh] More precise aliasing for builtins
On 7/10/07, Zdenek Dvorak <email@example.com> wrote
> What you should do is, in find_func_aliases (or thereabouts), make it
> look at calls, and mark the variable memcpy'd into as
> "no-tbaa-pruning", like we do for CHANGE_DYNAMIC_TYPE_EXPR.
> This should stop it from pruning the access.
thanks, it helps. Below is the updated version of the patch that now
passes bootstrap & regtesting on ia64 and i686.
This looks good. Though I believe I cannot approve it.
Thanks for doing this!
* tree.h (DEF_BUILTIN): Add SIG argument.
(struct function_signature): New type.
(struct tree_function_decl): Remove novops_flag, add sig field.
* builtins.c (DEF_BUILTIN): Add SIG argument.
* builtin-attrs.def: Remove NOVOPS attribute and corresponding
* builtins.def: Replace NOVOPS attribute by signature. Add signatures
for string functions.
* tree-ssa-alias.c (count_derefs_in_call): New function.
(count_uses_and_derefs): Use count_derefs_in_call.
(is_escape_site): Functions with signature are not escape sites.
* c-decl.c (merge_decls): Do not copy DECL_IS_NOVOPS. Copy
* calls.c (flags_from_decl_or_type): Do not handle DECL_IS_NOVOPS.
* tree-ssa-loop-prefetch.c (tree_ssa_prefetch_arrays): Set signature
for builtin_prefetch instead of DECL_IS_NOVOPS.
* tree-vect-transform.c (novops_signature_p): New function.
(vectorizable_function): Use novops_signature_p instead of testing
* c-common.c (handle_novops_attribute): Removed.
(c_common_attributes): Remove NOVOPS attribute.
(def_builtin_1): Set DECL_SIGNATURE for the created decls.
(DEF_BUILTIN): Pass signature to def_builtin_1.
(parse_builtin_signature): New function.
* tree-ssa-operands.c (get_ptr_operands): Split from ...
(get_indirect_ref_operands): ... here.
(find_errno_decl, add_call_signature_operands): New functions.
(get_call_expr_operands): Call add_call_signature_operands for
functions with signature.
* tree-ssa-structalias.c (find_func_aliases): Set no_tbaa_pruning
for arguments of functions with a signature.
* gcc.dg/tree-prof/stringop-1.c: Update outcome.