This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] MIPS: Fix unwinding through signal frames for n32 and n64 ABIs.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>, rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk
- Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:48:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch] MIPS: Fix unwinding through signal frames for n32 and n64 ABIs.
- References: <4691DBF0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 09:36:38PM +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Either way, the change is going to extend the ABI -- DWARF register 66
> should not be used for other purposes going forward -- and I think
> defining DWARF_ALT_FRAME_RETURN_COLUMN makes that a little more
Is there some way we can do this without entrenching it in the ABI?
It seems to me like we ought to be able to, unless I'm mistaken about
how this all fits together. We can only unwind registers that the
unwinder knows about when it is built. So if it simply ignores
numbers outside that range from unwind tables, we can pick the next
value and use internally.