This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Add DFP thread-safty test
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:44:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add DFP thread-safty test
- References: <20070706145009.GA22065@lucon.org> <1183739638.7905.9.camel@janis-laptop>
On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 09:33:58AM -0700, Janis Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 07:50 -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > This patch adds a DFP thread-safty test.
> > +#include "dfp-round.h"
> > + DFP_SETROUND (FE_DEC_DOWNWARD);
> The comment at the beginning of dfp-round.h says:
> /* This is very temporary; right now it gets functions in libgcc that
> pass on the rounding mode to decNumber, but later it can be replaced
> with Official Stuff. */
> This was meant to eventually be replaced with calls to fe_dec_setround
> as specified in the decimal float technical report.
> If the BID support in libgcc will provide a documented interface for
> setting and getting rounding modes then please use different names
> for those functions, not the same names as the temporary testing
> support functions used for DPD rounding.
> Other than that the new test is OK.
We will implement fe_dec_setround and is friends in libbid and
update DFP tests when it is ready.