This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Extend store ccp
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:26:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Extend store ccp
- References: <OF64FA0A19.EA6D5909-ONC2257301.00230EBE-C2257306.001EF8AC@il.ibm.com>
On 6/26/07 1:38 AM, Revital1 Eres wrote:
> I have seen no effect so far on SPEC2006 on ppc64.
> As for the effect on compilation time -
> Measuring bootstrap time (time make) on c,c++ with -O2
> on ppc64 showed about 1% rise in compilation time.
So, increased compilation time with no positive effects on codegen?
Perhaps we should think twice about getting this in? We are losing
compile time performance one tiny percent at a time. There has to be
something compelling to balance this out.
I've still not seen the rest of the patch. I'm a bit concerned about
this performance loss for little/no gain.