This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make arm-wrs-vxworks pass more options down to the assembler
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, paul at codesourcery dot com, nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:48:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: Make arm-wrs-vxworks pass more options down to the assembler
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 10:36 +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> arm-wrs-vxworks is the only ARM port to include svr4.h, and its current
> ASM_SPEC is based on svr4.h's (with -Q options removed). This means that
> we don't pass things like -mfpu down to the assembler, leading to many
> assembler errors from Julian's neon tests.
> I thought the best fix would be to make VxWorks work like other ARM
> ports, so the patch below removes svr4.h from $tm_file. I compared the
> -dM output for the current configuration with the -dM output you get
> when svr4.h is removed, and added the other differences to vxworks.h.
> Tested on arm-wrs-vxworks. OK to install?
> * config.gcc (arm-wrs-vxworks): Don't include svr4.h.
> * config/vxworks.h (PTRDIFF_TYPE, SIZE_TYPE, TARGET_POSIX_IO): Define.
> * config/arm/vxworks.h (ASM_SPEC): Delete.
> (SUBTARGET_EXTRA_ASM_SPEC): Define.