This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make arm-wrs-vxworks pass more options down to the assembler
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, paul at codesourcery dot com, nathan at codesourcery dot com, richard at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:46:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: Make arm-wrs-vxworks pass more options down to the assembler
- References: <email@example.com>
Richard Sandiford wrote:
arm-wrs-vxworks is the only ARM port to include svr4.h, and its current
ASM_SPEC is based on svr4.h's (with -Q options removed). This means that
we don't pass things like -mfpu down to the assembler, leading to many
assembler errors from Julian's neon tests.
I thought the best fix would be to make VxWorks work like other ARM
ports, so the patch below removes svr4.h from $tm_file. I compared the
-dM output for the current configuration with the -dM output you get
when svr4.h is removed, and added the other differences to vxworks.h.
Tested on arm-wrs-vxworks. OK to install?
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk