This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR 32475 stack setup code being deleted.
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: "Seongbae Park" <seongbae dot park at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:53:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR 32475 stack setup code being deleted.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: bonzini at gnu dot org
Seongbae Park wrote:
Attached is the patch to fix 32475
where the stack pointer becomes dead after epilogue generation,
due to the stack pointer restoration codein the epilogue.
The patch adds a df_ref of use of the stack pointer
for every write to the stack pointer - which essentially keeps
the stack pointer alive always.
So, why not munging the live bitmaps directly, so that when the frame
pointer is live, the stack pointer is too?