This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch][c++/PR 31743]
- From: Dave Brolley <brolley at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:18:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch][c++/PR 31743]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <467D6E8B.email@example.com> <46800DCA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46840F6D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <46884C5C.email@example.com>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
This comment isn't quite accurate:OK. Can you please commit the patch with this change? I don't think I
have write access.
+ /* PR 31743: Make sure the array type has a known size. */
+ if (!complete_type_or_else (type, NULL_TREE))
+ return error_mark_node;
because this check isn't just about array types. Better would be:
/* The type allocated must be complete. If the new-type-id was "T[N]"
then we are just checking that "T" is complete here, but that is
equivalent, since the value of "N" doesn't matter. */
(I'm not a fan of putting PR numbers in comments; the comment ought to
stand on itself.)
OK with that change; no need to retest.