This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] c-cppbuiltin.c bits for libstdc++/31518
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:48:13 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] c-cppbuiltin.c bits for libstdc++/31518
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> in order to resolve this library enhancement, I need a new predefined
> macro, per the below patch. Is it ok?
We've previously concluded that allowing diagnostic options to affect code
generation through preprocessor macros or otherwise is a bad idea (see PR
2677 and <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg00204.html>, for example),
and -fmessage-length is essentially a diagnostic (formatting) option.
Joseph S. Myers