This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ARM] ARM NEON support part 4/7: Improve bounds checking on immediates
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 22:16:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ARM] ARM NEON support part 4/7: Improve bounds checking on immediates
- References: <4661DE73.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Saturday 02 June 2007, Julian Brown wrote:
> Various NEON intrinsics take constant-integer arguments, which
> correspond to immediate operands in assembler output. This patch
> improves bounds-checking on several of those immediates, so that errors
> are reported by the compiler and not left to the assembler.
Unfortunately this error occurs so late that the reported source location is
fairly bogus. Better than nothing though I suppose.
Ok if we can't come up with anything better and the addition of a comment
saying we know this sucks.